Powered by Blogger.

I'm An Arizona Wildcat...And Proud!

>> Tuesday, January 11, 2011




On Saturday, January 8, 2011 the city that gave so much to me became the focus across the world. Tucson, a great city with great people was suddenly being referenced in ways such as, The Terror in Tucson (thanks MSNBC). Tucson is one of those cities that you would consider quiet...calm and almost innocent, if a city can have such a thing. All of that is gone, changed forever when innocent lives were tragically taken by Jared Loughner, who is accused of going into a Tucson Safeway and shooting to death six people and injuring 14 others. This is not the Tucson that I know. The Tucson that I know is about....

  • The University of Arizona: GO WILDCATS!!!
  • Lute Olson and Arizona Basketball
  • Cinco de Mayo...I have gone to the BEST Cinco de Mayo parties in Tucson
  • "A" Mountain
  • Canyon Ranch
  • The Green Dolphin
  • The Wildcat Club
  • McKale Center
What a terrible way for the world to meet a great city like Tucson. What a terrible way for you to meet Tucson. If you don't know Tucson, I hope you will. Meet the city beyond what the news, media and scary pictures are showing you.

Ironically, I am taking my kids to Arizona for the first time this April. I am very excited to show them where Mommy went to undergraduate and graduate school. I will proudly show them the U of A campus, take them to a Toros baseball game and have them check out the beauty of the desert. I want them to know Tucson as a place that is so much more than a tragedy. I want you to too. Come visit Tucson...and show them the love they need and deserve.

BEAR DOWN CATS!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP